Pacific Northwest National Laboratory
PO Box 999
Richland, WA 99352
Jordan Henderson is a Senior Engineer managing and contributing to various projects across the National Laboratory. Mr. Henderson is currently on assignment in Washington D.C. supporting the Office of Assistant Secretary of the Army for Installations, Energy & Environment (IE&E). In this role, Mr. Henderson provides on-site support and project management to the Army's Office of Energy Initiatives (OEI) in the development of utility-scale, privately financed renewable energy projects. He assists the Army in all stages of development, including identifying and prioritizing opportunities, project validation, acquisition, implementation, and Operation and Maintenance (O&M).
Previously Mr. Henderson focused on sustainable building operations, integrated design and construction, and assessing the environmental, social, and economic consequences of design. Mr. Henderson also helped deploy and measure green strategies and practices in the design, construction and operation of federal facilities.
Before joining the Laboratory he worked as a Civil/Structural Engineer for an engineering and architecture firm, AECOM, contributing design concepts, 3D modeling, modification feasibility studies, and performing structural analysis for various projects.
- Renewable energy
- Sustainable design and operation
- Providing technical assistance for integration strategies
- Analyzing whole building performance
- Examining new building trends for impacts of and compliance with building codes
- Creating integrated assessment models for the building sector
Education and Credentials
- B.S., Civil Engineering, University of Idaho - 2008
- E.I.T Certification - 2008
- LEED AP, USGBC Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design Accredited Professional
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
Affiliations and Professional Service
- ASCE Member – 2008 to Present
- Fowler KM, JW Henderson, and S Bunch. 2016. "FEDERAL SECTOR METERING AND ENERGY DATA MANAGEMENT." In Proceedings of the 34th Annual West Coast Energy Management Congress (EMC 2016), May 25-26, 2016, Seattle, Washington. Global Information Publisher, Wanchai, Hong Kong.
- Glantz CS, AD McKinnon, DE Thorsen, PA Boyd, LR O'Neil, and JW Henderson. 2016. Common Misconceptions Regarding Cybersecurity Requirements for Renewable Energy Generation Facilities Associated with Army Installations. PNNL-25451, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, Richland, WA.
- Henderson JW, and KM Fowler. 2015. Federal Metering Data Analysis Needs and Existing Tools. PNNL-24191, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, Richland, WA.
- Henderson JW. 2015. De Minimis Thresholds for Federal Building Metering Appropriateness. PNNL-24175, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, Richland, WA.
- Fowler KM, AHA Colotelo, JL Downs, KD Ham, JW Henderson, SA Montgomery, CR Vernon, and SA Parker. 2015. Simplified Processing Method for Meter Data Analysis. PNNL-24331, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, Richland, WA.
- Henderson JW, and KM Fowler. 2014. Assessing Green Building Performance: A Post Occupancy Evaluation of 14 Air Force Buildings. PNNL-23426, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, Richland, WA.
- Henderson JW. 2014. Best Practices for HPSB Guiding Principles Implementation in Existing DOE Buildings. PNNL-23347, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, Richland, WA.
- Fowler KM, S Goel, and JW Henderson. 2013. Boise Air Traffic Control Tower: High Performance and sustainable Building Guiding Principles Technical Assistance. PNNL-22422, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, Richland, WA.
- Fowler KM, EM Rauch, JW Henderson, and AR Kora. 2010. Re-Assessing Green Building Performance: A Post Occupancy Evaluation of 22 GSA Buildings . PNNL-19369, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, Richland, WA.