Pacific Northwest National Laboratory
PO Box 999
Richland, WA 99352
Since starting work at Battelle, Jake has worked on a wide variety of projects, including mobile and fixed robots for Hanford cleanup, sensor deployment systems for fish monitoring, computer systems and networking for the DOD, remote systems for the DOE, and other computer controlled systems. His 20+ years of experience with these systems has provided a wealth of knowledge of how the systems operate and how to develop reliable systems for performing a variety of tasks.
Jake's primary focus area is SCADA (Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition) systems. This includes most technical aspects including the industrial control systems, wiring, programming and all related aspects of controlling and monitoring electro-mechanical systems.
- Supervisory Controls and Data Acquisition systems (SCADA)
- Control Systems
- Electro-Mechanical system design and controls
- Robotic Systems
Education and Credentials
- MS Mechanical Engineering, Washington State University, 1993
- BS Mechanical Engineering, Washington State University, 1992
- Ramuhalli P, S Roy, EH Hirt, MS Prowant, SG Pitman, JC Tucker, G Dib, and AF Pardini. 2015. Component-Level Prognostics Health Management Framework for Passive Components - Advanced Reactor Technology Milestone: M2AT-15PN2301043. PNNL-24377, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, Richland, WA.
- Royer MP, JJ McCullough, and JC Tucker. 2014. CALiPER Retail Lamps Study RRL3.2 Lumen and Chromaticity Maintenance of LED A lamps Operated in Steady-State Conditions. PNNL-23984, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, Richland, WA.
- Alvine KJ, TA Kafentzis, SG Pitman, KI Johnson, DC Skorski, JC Tucker, TJ Roosendaal, and ME Dahl. 2014. "An In-situ Tensile Test Apparatus for Polymers in High Pressure Hydrogen." Review of Scientific Instruments 85(10):Article No. 105110. doi:10.1063/1.4899315
- Ramuhalli P, S Roy, EH Hirt, AF Pardini, AM Jones, JE Deibler, SG Pitman, JC Tucker, MS Prowant, and JD Suter. 2014. Local-Level Prognostics Health Management Systems Framework for Passive AdvSMR Components - Interim Report. PNNL-23625 Rev. 0, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, Richland, WA.
- Pardini AF, SL Crawford, RV Harris, SR, TJ Samuel, RA Roberts, JM Alzheimer, KL Gervais, MA Maynard, and JC Tucker. 2002. Annual Report - Remotely Operated NDE System for Inspection of Hanford's Waste Tank Knuckle Regions and Development of a Small Roving Annulus Inspection Vehicle T-SAFT Scanning Bridge for Savannah River Site Applications. PNNL-14072, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, Richland, WA.
- Pardini AF, JM Alzheimer, SL Crawford, AA Diaz, KL Gervais, RV Harris, SR, DM Riechers, TJ Samuel, GJ Schuster, JC Tucker, and RA Roberts. 2001. Development of a Remotely Operated NDE System for Inspection of Hanford's Double Shell Waste Tank Knuckle Regions. PNNL-13682, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, Richland, WA.
- Bailey SA, JM Alzheimer, CP Baker, JT Smalley, JC Tucker, and PL Valdez. 1999. Remote Pit Operation Enhancement System: Concept Selection Method and Evaluation Criteria. PNNL-13046, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, Richland, WA.