Building Energy Systems Group
The Building Energy Systems Group (BES) group is part of the Pacific Northwest National Laboratory's (PNNL's) Energy and Environment Directorate. We help sponsors from the government and private sector optimize performance and achieve resilient systems at the site, building, and technology levels. We do this by developing and using performance assessment tools, advanced controls, programmatic strategy, and implementation support.
We have 55 BES staff members working in Richland, Seattle, Washington, DC, and other off-site locations.
Our signature capabilities are in:
- Controls Optimization and Re-tuning
- Rooftop-Unit (RTU) Networking
- Buildings-Grid Integration
- Advanced Control Systems Development
- Comprehensive Energy and Water Evaluations
- Net-Zero Energy, Water, and Waste Planning
- Building Rating Systems
- Energy and Climate Resilience Planning
- Sustainability Strategy and Behavior